This year we want everyone to have a safe, fun-filled Halloween! To make sure your child is safe this Halloween check out these simple tips & tricks:
1. Do not use masks. Masks make it hard for children to see what’s around them, including cars. Try a hypoallergenic (less likely to cause an allergic reaction), non-toxic make-up kit instead.
2. Place strips of reflective tape on the back and front of costumes, so that drivers can better see your child.
3. Give your children a flashlight. A cell phone is also a good idea if you have one. Also, discuss in advance the route they should follow. Ask them to call you if they plan to go on a street that isn’t on the route.
4. Dress for the weather. Cold weather or water absorbent materials in the rain can be very uncomfortable.
5. Don’t visit houses that are not well lit. Never go inside a stranger’s house!
These tips are simple but they will ensure you and your family have a safe Halloween and also make sure everyone has fun!