<<< back to article list

Commercial Property as House

Blog by Robert & Matthew Johnston | June 24th, 2010

Tracy Arkwell.jpgTracy Arkell - Lawyer

When a building, in this case a house, is zoned RM2, I presume that is commercial? as this is downtown Barrie. Could I live in it as a house and not use it for a business? If I cannot do that, can I live at the back and rent out the front? Thank you for your time and help.

Sorry for the delay Sonia. I did't have my login information to answer you. RM2 is a residential zoning so the residential use you propose is clearly permitted. In fact, multiple residential units are technically permitted in this zone, provided all other building and fire requirements are met. If you have any further questions, please get in touch with us directly & we can chat about your specific situation.